The Miller® Big Blue® 400 Pro with Kubota V1505 engine is a low speed, EPA compliant compact diesel welder that is ideal for construction, piping and fleet use. It packs up to 400 amps of welding output at 100% duty cycle and provides 12,000 peak watts of auxiliary power. It is capable of carbon arc gouging using up to 1/4″ diameter carbons. When paired with the appropriate wire feeder, it can perform MIG, and flux-cored welding operations.
The Big Blue 400 Pro industrial diesel engine driven welder outperforms competitive machines and comes with the best service and parts support where it matters most, in the harshest real world conditions.
Heavy-Duty Low-Speed Kubota V1505 Industrial Diesel Engine
- Used in industrial applications around the world, the V1505 is designed to run 10,000 hours before major overhaul. Backed by worldwide support and service.
- Unlike conventional DIG that provides a preset amount of short-clearing current, Miller’s proprietary Dynamic DIG works on a time-based algorithm that automatically adjusts the amount of current required to clear a short. What does this mean? A smoother more consistent arc that can be tailored to match application, material, fit-up, and welder technique.
- Improves work site safety and communication.
Industrial USB Port
- Quickly upload the latest software and download machine log files to retrieve in-depth information such as diagnostics and machine statistics.
Digital Meters with SunVision™
- Enables welding parameters to be viewed with greater clarity at virtually any angle. Meters can be seen clearly even in direct sunlight.
Auto Remote Sense™ (ARS)
- Detects if a remote control is plugged into the 14-pin receptacle and eliminates confusion of a remote/panel switch.
- Requires no elaborate procedure – just select process and weld!
HD Powder Coat
- All painted sheet metal is pretreated with a zinc-rich primer to provide extra protection against rust & corrosion (comparable to stainless steel).
Advanced Features for the Professional Welder
- Adaptive Hot Start™ makes starting stick electrodes easy without creating an inclusion.
- Infinite arc control available in the Stick and Wire modes for easier fine tuning of tough-to-weld materials and out-of-position applications.
- Lift-Arc™ TIG provides arc starting that minimizes the risk of electrode/work contamination without the need for high frequency.
Low OCV Stick (VRD)
- When activated, reduces the open-circuit voltage to 15 volts when the power source is not in use, increasing operator safety without compromising arc starts.
Other Standard Features
- Output contactor control, automatic idle, thermal overload protection, and 120-volt engine block heater.
For a limited time only: Get one free roll of 500 feet of 2/0 cable with this purchase!
Offer Expires 6/30/2022
500 feet of 2/0 Black Welding Cable
- Premium American-made welding cable
- Strong EPDM jacket resistant to tears, cuts, abrasion, slag and impact
- Special stranded conductor maintains flexibility, even at cold temperatures up to -50°C
- Our high-quality custom cable kits are RoHS compliant, lead-free and silicone-free
- Superior resistance to heat, water, grease, solvents, weather and ozone
- Sequentially marked with Class-K stranding
|Title||Big Blue® 400 Pro (Kubota)|
Maintenance and Repair – Field Operations
Pipe Fabrication / Construction
Work / Service Trucks
|Cold Weather Starting Aids||Engine Block Heater
|Engine Idle Speed||1500 RPM|
|Engine Weld Speed||1800 RPM|
|Fuel Tank Size||11.5 Gallons|
|Rated Output||400 A at 24 V, 100% Duty Cycle
350 A at 27 V, 100% Duty Cycle
300 A at 32 V, 100% Duty Cycle
|Single Phase Generator Continuous Power||10000 W|
|Single Phase Generator Peak Power||12000 W|
|Sound Rating||Idle: 66 dB, Weld: 71.6 dB dB|
|Rated Carbon Diameter||3/16 in (4.8 mm)|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||85 VDC|
|Amperage Range||20 – 400|
|Portability||Lift Eye (Standard)
|Net Width||26.25 in|
|Net Height||32 in|
|Net Length||56 in|
|Net Weight||950 lbs|