Miller Dimension 650 Multiprocess Welder 907617
The Miller Dimension 650 is a 650 amp multi-process welder that can perform MIG, TIG, Stick and submerged arc welding. It is also capable of carbon arc gouging with 3/8 inch diameter carbons. The inverter design means the Dimension 650 is 48% smaller and 200 pounds lighter than its predecessor; the Dimension 652.
The Dimension 650 was specifically designed for the harsh welding environments that are typical with heavy duty welding applications. It has a corrosion-resistant aluminum case and is very electrically efficient. The 652 has excellent stick and Lift-Arc™ TIG arc characteristics. It also has excellent short-arc MIG characteristics for precise thin metal welding performance
- MIG (GMAW)
- Stick (SMAW)
- DC TIG (GTAW)
- Flux Cored (FCAW)
- Air Carbon Arc (CAC-A) Cutting and Gouging (through 3/8 in carbons)
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)Applications
Heavy Industrial Applications
Fabrication and construction
MRO — maintenance/repair
Pressure tank/vessel fabrication
Refineries and foundries
Rail car manufacturing
Earth-moving equipment manufacturingFeatures
- All-aluminum construction helps the machine resist corrosion for long life.
- Exclusive protection input inductor protects machine’s performance and reliability from “dirty” input power.
- Wind Tunnel Technology™ – Internal air flow that protects electrical components and PC boards from dirt, dust, debris… greatly improving reliability
- Fan-On-Demand™ operates only when needed reducing noise, power consumption, and the amount of airborne contaminants pulled through the machine.
- Reduced size and weight results in an easier-to-handle package that exceeds the welding performance of larger, heavier machines. Weighing in at 158 pounds (71.7 kg), the Dimension 650 is 3.5 times lighter than the Dimension 652, making it easier to move around the shop, jobsite, or shipyard. It also uses 40 percent less floor space.
- High electrical efficiency and excellent power factor mean that you can get more welding done using less power. On 460-volt input power, the Dimension 650 draws only 43 amps at rated load and can operate on a 50-amp service. Four machines can work at maximum loads simultaneously on a 200-amp service, drawing less amperage than three previous models.
- High-quality performance from power-intensive to precise. Knowing quality welds begin with a quality arc, we’ve significantly improved the performance in all welding processes and made it easy to fine tune the arc to match your personal preferences and welding style.
- Gouging mode provides 800 amps of usable power – a full 650 amps of power at 100 percent duty cycle. Perfect for heavy gouging with 3/8-inch carbons.
- Three wire modes (GMAW/FCAW/SAW) for simplified setup and optimized arc performance.
Solid and flux-cored wires with gas offer exceptional short-arc MIG precision to weld thin metals with less risk of distortion or burn-through, and premium flux-cored welding with gas.
Flux-cored (self-shielded) welding performance is exceptional, especially with wires commonly found in infrastructure construction.
Sub arc mode provides capability to retrofit into non-digital sub arc applications.
- Excellent stick and Lift-Arc™ TIG performance.
- Arc control is beneficial when welding with stick and solid wires for easier fine-tuning of tough-to-weld materials and
|Industries Interests||Construction |
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
|Weldable Metals||Specialty Metals |
|Input Voltage||380/400/440 V |
|Input Hz||50 / 60 Hz|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||87 VDC|
|Portability||Lift Eye (Standard) |
Running Gear / Cart (Optional)
|Weld Output||CC / CV|
|Net Width||16.687 in|
|Net Height||28.187 in|
|Net Length||31.625 in|
|Net Weight||158 lbs|
|Warranty||3 Years |
Miller’s True Blue Warranty