Use on 120 AND 240 Volt Input Power
- Separate 120 and 240 volt power cords disconnect from the rear panel of the machine without the use of any tools to allow your to common 120 and 240 volt power receptacles.
Compact Design Allows for Great Portability
- Weighing in at 13 lbs. and featuring a convenient handle/shoulder strap, this little inverter-based TIG/Stick machine can be taken from location to location.
Low Power Draw
- By utilizing an inverter-based power source in the Maxstar® 161, superior arc starts and excellent weld puddle control are provided in both the TIG and Stick settings – all in a small, light-weight package.
- Turn power on.
- Select process: Lift-Arc TIG, Stick, or 6010 Stick.
- Set amperage.
Then weld! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
6010 Stick Electrode Capability
- Superior Stick arc performance even on the difficult-to-run electrodes like E6010.
No More “Sticky” Electrodes
- With Miller’s Adaptive Hot Start™ technology, you no longer have to worry about those difficult-to-strike electrodes.
Conserve Your Electrodes
- With the Stick-Stuck feature the machine detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode.
No Need For A Gas Valve On Your TIG Torch
- With a built-in gas solenoid, the Maxstar® 161 eliminates the need for a bulky TIG torch with a gas valve
5 Amp TIG Capability
- Allows users to weld thinner materials than other machines in this category.
TIG DC (GTAW-DC)
|Title||Maxstar® 161 STH 120-240 V|
Boat / Yacht
Education / Training
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
High Purity Processing
Maintenance and Repair – Field Operations
Maintenance and Repair – In Plant
Metal Art / Sculptures
Work / Service Trucks
|Material Thickness||Steel 0.020 in. (0.5 mm) – 3/16 in. (4.8 mm)|
|Weldable Metals||Stainless Steel
|Input Voltage||110/115/120 V
|Input Hz||50/60 Hz|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||48 VDC|
|Amperage Min||5 A|
|Amperage Max||160 A|
Miller’s True Blue Warranty
- Maxstar® 161 STL
- 6.5 ft. (2 m.) primary cords for 120 V and 240 V
- 13 ft. (4 m.) stick electrode holder with 25 mm. Dinse-style connector
- 10 ft. (3 m.) work clamp with 25 mm. Dinse-stlye connector
- Adjustable handle/shoulder strap
- 12.5 ft. (3.8 m) Weldcraft™ A-150 TIG torch
- RCCS-6M remote fingertip control (195184)
- Regulator/flow gauge and gas hose
- AK2C accessory kit
- Protective Miller® X-Case™ (301429)
- Quick Reference Guide