Base and Deluxe Models Available
- Maxstar 280 – Base model provides essential TIG and Stick functions and provides operator-friendly, menu-driven features. Maxstar 280 DX – The DX model adds extended ranges to sequencer and full trigger options, preflow and pulser functions.
Portable with adjustable shoulder strap
- Weighing in at just 47 pounds, the Maxstar 280 is extremely portable and easy to transport featuring dual carry handles and a carrying strap.
Upgradeable and Expandable
- Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily upgrade software and expand product features. Visit MillerWelds.com/tigsoftware for the latest software upgrades and expansions.
Cooler Power Supply (CPS)
- An integrated 120-volt dedicated-use receptacle to power the Coolmate™ 1.3. The power switch on the Maxstar also activates the receptacle to help prevent torch failure. Available on select models.
Auto-Line Power Management Technology
- Allows hookup to either single-phase or three-phase electrical input from 208-575 V with no manual linking, providing convenience in any job setting. An ideal solution for dirty or unreliable input power.
Pro-Set Feature (professional settings)
- This feature eliminates the guesswork when setting weld parameters. Use Pro-Set when you want the speed, convenience and confidence of pre-set controls. Simply select the feature and adjust until Pro-Set appears on the display. The Pro-Set feature is available for Pulse and DIG parameters.
Stick Features (DC)
- Tailored arc control (DIG) allows the arc characteristic to be changed for specific applications and electrodes. Smooth running 7018 or stiffer, more penetrating 6010. Hot Start™ adaptive control provides positive arc starts without sticking. Stick-Stuck detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode. Menu selectable.
Weldcraft® W-280 (WP-280) TIG Torch
- Two-piece torch head and exclusive Super Cool™ Technology provides additional surface area to increase cooling efficiency and capacity Torch body includes an anti-rotation featureand multi-position locking to prevent handlemovement during welding and improve operator control Mechanical fittings provide a secure gas andwater connection to prevent leakage and alloweasy hose replacement
Air Carbon Arc Cutting and Gouging (CAC-A)
TIG DC (GTAW-DC)
|Title||Maxstar® 280 208-575 V, CPS|
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Boat / Yacht
High Purity Processing
|Material Thickness||Steel 0.004 in. (0.1 mm) – 3/8 in. (9.5 mm)|
|Weldable Metals||Specialty Metals
|Input Voltage||208 V
|Input Phase||1- and 3-Phase|
|Input Hz||50/60 Hz|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||60 VDC|
|CACA Thickness||3/16 in|
|Amperage Min||1 A|
|Amperage Max||280 A|
Running Gear / Cart (Optional)
Miller’s True Blue Warranty
- Maxstar® 280
- 8 ft. (2.4 m) primary cord
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- (2) 50 mm Dinse style connectors
- TIG torch adapter