Miller Diversion 180 TIG Welder 907627
The Miller Diversion 180 is a 180 amp AC/DC TIG welder that is capable of TIG welding aluminum. The Diversion 180 comes complete with TIG torch and remote amperage foot control, along with flowgauge, gas hose and ground cable with clamp. It is a great upgrade for the DIY welder and can be used on both 115V and 230V input power.
- AC/DC TIG (GTAW)
- Personal User Applications
- Chassis/Frame Fabrication
- Aluminum Oil Pans
- Stainless Exhaust
- Weld Repair on Home Equipment
- Metal Art
- Vocational Training
- Easy-to-understand operator interface.
2. Select material type
3. Set material thickness range, then weld! It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Inverter-based, AC/DC power source provides a more consistent welding arc while using less power. Portable. Whether it’s in the shop, garage or at the race track, at 50 lb they can be taken anywhere.
- Diversion™ 180 includes RFCS-RJ45 remote foot control and a multi-voltage plug (MVP™) which allows connection to 115 or 230 V receptacles without tools. Choose the plug that fits the receptacle and connect it to the power cord.
- HF start for non-contact arc starting that eliminates tungsten and material contamination.
- Fan-On-Demand™ reduces noise and maintenance by lessening the amount of airborne contaminants pulled through the machine, while sufficiently cooling thermally protected internal components.
- Portable. Whether it’s in the shop, garage or at the race track, at 50 lb they can be taken anywhere.
- Auto-Postflow protects the weld end zone and electrode by optimizing post flow time based on welding amperage.
- Advanced Squarewave AC provides a fast freezing weld puddle and deeper penetration.
Comes complete with
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder with primary cord & MVP™ plugs
- 12.5 ft (3.8 m) Weldcraft® WP17 TIG torch with backcap, ceramic gas cup, 3/32 in (2.4 mm) collet and collet body, and 2% ceriated tungsten
- RFCS-RJ45 remote foot control
- 12 ft (3.7 m) work lead with clamp
Smith® Argon regulator/flow gauge with hose
Easy-to-Understand Operator Interface
- It’s as easy as “1, 2, 3” to set your machine and start welding! 1. Power-up2. Select material type3. Set material thickness range We’ve also added a digital display so you know exactly what your settings are.
Use It On 120 Or 240 Volt Input Power
- Miller’s Multi Voltage Plug (MVP™) allows you to connect to common 120 or 240 V power receptacles without the use of any tools. Simply chose the plug that fits the receptacle and connect it to the power cord.
Utilizes Latest Inverter Technology
- By utilizing an inverter-based AC/DC power source, a more efficient (less energy is used) and consistent welding arc is provided compared to older transformer based TIG machines.
Torch Designed for Maximum Operator Comfort
- The package comes standard with a Diversion Series foot control and the Weldcraft A-150 TIG torch. This 150 amp, air-cooled torch features a compact and durable design ideal for both the professional and hobbyist welder. The Diamond Grip head design has ergonomic contact points for thumb and fingers, providing a more comfortable grip.
Light Weight = Portability
- Whether it’s in the shop, garage or at the race track, at only 50 lbs it can be taken anywhere. You can’t do that with those heavy transformer machines!
Reduce Noise, Maintenance and Operating Costs.
- Our Fan-On-Demand™ cooling system only operates when needed. This cuts down on fan noise, along with reducing power consumption and contaminants drawn into the machine.
Eliminate Waste of Expensive Shielding Gas
- Our Auto-Postflow feature optimizes postflow time based on welding amperage. This allows for proper shielding of both the weld end zone and electrode every time without waste of gas or need for adjustment.
Dependable Arc Starts
- Provides HF, non-contact arc starting to eliminate tungsten and material contamination time after time.
Receive a $300 cash rebate from Miller® with the purchase of this Diversion 180 TIG Welder. Rebate form must be submitted online HERE within 30 days of original purchase. Offer expires 3/31/23.
Earn additional rebates when you purchase additional Miller® branded accessories or Hobart® filler metals.
|Title||Diversion™ 180 TIG Welder|
Racing / Customizing / Restoring
DIY / Home Hobbyist
Farm and Ranch
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Metal Art / Sculptures
Boat / Yacht
High Purity Processing
|Material Thickness||Steel: 0.025 in. (0.6 mm) – 3/16 in. (4.8 mm)
Aluminum: 0.030 in. (0.75 mm) – 3/16 in. (4.8 mm)
|Input Voltage||110/115/120 V
|Input Hz||50 / 60 Hz|
|Current Type||AC / DC|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||80 VDC|
|Amperage Min||10 A|
|Amperage Max||180 A|
Running Gear / Cart (Optional)
|Net Width||9.875 in|
|Net Height||17 in|
|Net Length||23.875 in|
|Net Weight||50 lbs|
Miller’s True Blue Warranty
- Diversion™ 180
- Regulator/flow gauge and gas hose
- RFCS-RJ45 remote foot control (300432)
- 8 ft. (2.4 m) primary cord with MVP™ plugs for 120 V (219261) and 240 V (219258)
- 12.5 ft. (3.8 m) Weldcraft™ A-150 TIG torch
- 12 ft. (3.7 m) work cable with clamp
- Argon shielding gas
- Filler rod
- Personal safety products (helmet, gloves)
- Your local welding distributor can provide shielding gas, filler rod and a full product offering.