Miller S-74 MPa Plus Single Wire Feeder 951291
The Miller S-74 MPa Plus single wire feeder is optimized for use with Miller Invision™ MPa and XMT™ MPa welders. It is capable of synergic pulsed MIG welding and is able to hold up to four independent welding programs that can easily be retrieved for faster set up. The S-74 MPa Plus can also operate with Miller push-pull aluminum MIG guns and has adjustable weld sequence control.
The Miller S-74 MPa Plus comes with digital volt and wire feed speed (amp) meters and is capable of remote voltage control. It is a heavy industrial, four drive roll, 24 VAC wire feeder for MIG and flux-cored welding wires. The S-74 MPa Plus feeds .023 to 5/64 diameter welding wire at a wire feed speed range from 50 to 780 inches per minute. It comes standard with trigger hold, dual tension control, adjustable run-in, and tool-less rotatable drive. Floating positive drive system provides smooth, trouble-free feeding of a variety of welding wires.
- MIG (GMAW)
- Pulsed MIG (GMAW-P)
- Flux Cored (FCAW) (gas and self-shielded)
- Adjustable run-in control for improved arc starts.
- Adjustable weld sequence control gives operator complete control of the welding parameters: preflow, run-in, weld time, crater, burnback and postflow.
- Welding process range control locks parameters at a set percentage of welding parameters to ensure welding procedures and quality standards are maintained on the shop floor.
- Dual schedule and trigger program select allows operator to switch welding parameters without readjusting machine, eliminating downtime and enhancing quality.
- Push-pull capability provides consistent, versatile and dependable aluminum wire feeding over greater distances.
- Synergic pulsed MIG operation with MPa power supplies. Provides communication between the power source, feeder and gun. As wire speed increases or decreases, the pulse parameters also increase or decrease to match the right amount of power needed.
- Trigger schedule select allows the operator to select the alternative schedule by quickly tapping the gun trigger when not welding. When optimized with MPa power sources the operator can also switch from MIG to pulsed MIG.
- Profile Pulse™ provides TIG appearance with MIG simplicity and productivity. Achieve “stacked dime” weld bead appearance without back-stepping. Profile Pulse frequency can be changed to increase or decrease the spacing between the ripple pattern to achieve the desired weld appearance.
- Accu-Mate™ properly seats the power pin for best feeding performance and prevents Accu-Mate grooved MIG guns from sliding in the casting.
- Digital meters for easy viewing of the wire feed speed and voltage.
- Remote voltage control allows operator to set voltage at the wire feeder without having to go back to the power source.
- Tachometer feedback to help keep wire feed speed accurate.
- Toolless rotatable drive assembly allows operator to rotate the drive housing, eliminating severe bends in the wire feed path which reduce gun liner life. Also aids in feeding difficult wires.
- Trigger receptacle oriented in a downward position to reduce potential damage.
- Trigger hold allows operator to make long welds without having to hold the trigger continuously. Reduces operator fatigue.
- Posifeed™ Wire Drive Assembly Features
24 VDC high-torque, permanent-magnet motor.
Quick-change drive rolls.
Quick-release, calibrated drive-roll pressure adjustment arm allows drive roll change without losing spring preload setting.
Four sealed ball bearing all-gear-driven drive-roll carriers for smooth, positive and accurate wire feed with long uninterrupted service life.
Easy loading and threading of welding wire without having to release the drive-roll pressure arm.
Solid-state speed control and brake circuit eliminates the need for electrical/ mechanical relays and increases service life.
- Uses Miller standard 1-5/8 in (41 mm) diameter drive rolls.
- Quick-connect for all Miller guns.
- Covered drive rolls – easy access, heavy-duty, molded composite cover over drive assembly.
- Floating positive drive system provides trouble-free feeding on a variety of wires.
Comes Complete With:
- S-74 MPa Plus Wire Feeder
- Digital voltage and wire feed speed (amp) meter
- Remote voltage control
- Tachometer feedback
- 15 ft. Bernard® Q-400 MIG Welding Gun
- One set of each .035 and .045 inch V groove drive rolls
- Standard 10 ft 14-pin interconnecting cord is included
|S-74 MPa Plus (Single)
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
Boat / Yacht
High Purity Processing
Education / Training
|Input Circuit Welding Rating
|750A at 100% duty cycle
|Power Source Compatibility
|Welding Power Source Type
|Wire Feeder Type
|Miller’s True Blue Warranty
- S-74 MPa Plus (Single)
- BTB 400A Gun
- Centerfire contact tips, .035 (QTY 3), .045 (QTY 2)
- .035-.045 reversible dual V drive rolls