There’s a new Champion in town!
All new Hobart Champion Elite 225 500580
The powerful yet lightweight design of the Hobart Champion Elite 225 engine driven welder offers 10,000 watts auxiliary power and DC welding capabilities, all in a compact package for ease of portability. The Champion is built to optimize weld quality by providing quick and consistent arc starts. Select each feature below to learn more.
Gets More Done
Takes Up Less Space
Makes Better Welds
Easier to Use and Maintain
The new Champion Elite 225 has multiple advantages that make it simpler to operate and speeds up routine service:
- Electronic fuel gauge with maintenance hours makes it fast and easy to check the fuel level and know when to get it into maintenance.
- Single-knob amperage control makes it faster and easier to set weld parameters.
- 240-volt receptacle allows plasma cutters and other tools to be used without an adapter.
- Updated design makes it easier and faster to access routine maintenance items like the spark plugs, fuel filter and oil drain plug.
- Commercial-quality engine is designed for a long life of reliable service.
Stick Welding Benefits
Stick welding (SMAW – Stick Metal Arc Welding) is a simple yet versatile, inexpensive and portable welding process. Flux coated welding rods are used, eliminating the need for bottled shielding gas like that used in MIG welding or TIG welding.
- Skill level required: Moderate
- Suited for windy, outdoor conditions
- Forgiving on dirty or rusty metal
- Can weld at a long distance from machine
Two-in-one 11,000-watt generator and 225-amp welder
- You get a generator and welder for about what you would pay for just a generator.
Innovative Hobart technology
- Allows you smooth arc starts with minimal “sticking”. Extraordinary motor starting characteristics. Strong continuous rating to run compressors, pumps, lights, hand tools and other equipment.
- Offers you stamina and long dependable service. Enclosed design, large battery, rugged electrical connections and wiring, and circuit breaker protection.
Lightweight and compact design
- Machine is just over 3 ft long and weighs less than competitive units, allowing you to easy move it around.
Modern OHV Kohler engine
- Saves you time and money with the dependable engine which conserves fuel and provides long operation before refueling. 12-gallon fuel tank and low oil pressure shutdown are standard features.
A “no tools” oil change and digital hour meter
- Relieves the hassle of changing oil by automatically scheduled routine oil servicing (every 100 hours) and other preventative maintenance.
Quick-set current control
- Easy for you to set up and start welding.
Smooth DC weld output
- The Champion ELITE provides you a smooth arc for scratch start DC TIG welding, primarily designed for the Stick process.
|Champion® Elite 225 Engine-Driven Welder
|Farm and Ranch
|25 A – 225 A
|AC / DC
|Lift Eye (Standard)
|Engine Idle Speed
|Engine Weld Speed
|Fuel Tank Size
|225 A @ 100% Duty Cycle
|Single Phase Auxiliary Continuous Power
|Single Phase Auxiliary Peak Power
|72.5 dB Max Weld Load